Senior Mechanical Engineer
5-8 Years of professional work experience
Tired of the same old, same old? Join the Kablooē Design team and never be bored again.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will participate in the design and development of medical devices and consumer products. Responsibilities will require a high level of creativity, design, engineering, and technical skills in order to contribute to all phases of the development process including design research, concept development, design for manufacturing, and documentation.
Job performance requires the application of technical abilities, mechanical engineering principles, knowledge of materials and processes, an understanding of product development methodologies, and developing win/loss brackets for foosball and ping pong tournaments.
Ready to start thinking and working outside the box?
Deliverable outputs include research, concept generation, analysis, design, prototypes for evaluation and testing, documentation, and data transfer of products that meet medical and regulatory guidelines. You will have the privilege of working with entrepreneurs and inventors and business leaders from many walks of life—from one man startups to Fortune 1000 medical device companies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new products from initial concept to market release and production.
- Research, develop, design, prototype, and evaluate mechanical and electro-mechanical components, assemblies, materials, processes, and equipment.
- Serve as team lead and mechanical engineer for multiple simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Mentor junior engineers to ensure a high standard of work across all experience levels.
- Possess a high level of communication and organizational skills.
- Solve complex issues requiring an in-depth analysis of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Interact with design, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory resources to design for manufacturability.
- Analyze and provide non-sarcastic feedback during open and collaborative internal design reviews.
- Know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em.
- Actively participate in cross-disciplinary teams to achieve project goals and deliverables.
- Collaborate with project team to develop requirements and design specifications for applicable standards and procedures.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5-8 years of professional work experience.
- Experience with medical device design including knowledge of FDA regulatory requirements and preclinical studies, etc.
- Expert-level SolidWorks modeling experience designing products and components for manufacturing.
- Experience designing parts for plastic injection molding including insert molding and over-molding.
- Advanced knowledge of most common manufacturing and assembly materials and processes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with 3D printing and prototyping materials and processes.
- Extensive experience fabricating prototypes, bench top models, and mockups for evaluation and testing.
- Experience designing and managing complex assemblies from prototyping through production.
- Basic working knowledge of electrical components and circuitry.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link below or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.